National Researches Institute of Rural Engineering, Water and Forests (INGREF)
Public organizationMinistry of Agriculture, Hydraulic Resources and Fishing
71 709 033 / 71 719 630 / 71 230 039
74 241 033
Rue Hédi EL Karray El Menzah IV, 1004 Tunis BP 10 Ariana 2080 Tunisie
The institute is headed by a director general appointed in accordance with the provisions of Decree No. 2000-1904 of 24 August 2000. He assured the missions it is assigned by the decree. He is assisted by a board of directors and a secretary general.
- The Director General chairs the board of directors of the institute which includes:
- A representative of the Ministry of Agriculture, Water Resources and Fisheries: member.
- A representative of the Ministry of Finance member.
- A representative of the Ministry of Economic Development: member.
- A representative of the Ministry of Environment and Spatial Planning: a member.
- A representative of the Ministry of Public Health: State.
- A representative ministry of scientific research, technology and skills development: a member.
- Four personalities from the world scientific and socio-known for their competence and experience in the field of research, agricultural engineering, water and forests. They are proposed by the President of the institution of research and higher education agricultural after consulting the Director General of the institute: members.
- Five representatives of the research staff of the institute, elected in accordance with procedures established by joint order of the Minister of Agriculture and Water Resources and the minister of scientific research, technology and skills development: members.
- A representative of the University of Science, Technology and Medicine of Tunis It: member
- A representative of the institution of research and higher education agricultural: member
- Secretary General of the institute: Reporter.
The chairman of the board may call upon any person, because of its competence, to attend board meetings, with advisory opinion.
The members of the board of the institute are appointed by decision of Minister of Agriculture and hydraulic resources on a proposal from ministries and agencies concerned.
The missions of the National Institute of Rural engineering research, Water and Forests are:
- contribute to the development of the national research policy in the areas of Water, Forests and Rural Engineering.
- organize and implement all scientific research in relation to the above fields.
- participate in the protection, conservation and rationalization of the exploitation of natural resources and rural areas.
- develop the results of its research and its scientific know-how.
- participate in the development of scientific and technological research and its integration into the economic and social fields.
- undertake any research or experimentation or expertise to the identification, analysis, selection, adaptation and mastery of technology in different fields of agricultural engineering, water and forests.
- undertake searches to ascertain, monitor and analyze the evolution of technology in areas affecting the national economy.
- contribute to the training of doctoral students in the programs of the institute.
- organize scientific events to allow the assimilation and mastery of technologies used.
- promote partnership in the field of scientific research and technological development, with institutions of higher education and research as well as institutions and public or private firms or through international cooperation.
- Participating in the activity of expertise and service the eve of the economy in the rural areas of engineering, water and forests.
1996: Creation of the National research Institute of rural engineering, Water and Forests (INRGREF), the Finance Act published in JORT 29 December 1995. This establishment has merged the INRF and the CRGR, it has a financial autonomy and placed under the guardianship of the IRESA.
1970: Fusion Project CRUESI specializes in the field of salinity with CREGR to give birth to the CRGR, multidisciplinary research institution.
1966: Creation of the National Institute of Forest Research by the Finance Act No. 66-79 of 29/12/66.
1965: Creation of the Institute of Reforestation Tunis with the assistance of the Special Fund of the United Nations.
1962: Establishment of the research center using of saline water in Irrigation (CRUESI) with the assistance of the Special Fund of the United Nations and UNESCO.
1959: Foundation of the first Tunisian research center on water: CREGR.
1957: Creation of the forest research station in Tunis and setting up a network of arboretum in different regions of the country.